help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Salix pentandra (42422)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wenben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Salix pentandra (42422) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #368635

Taxon:Salicaceae: Salix pentandra L. ("Bay Willow")
confirmed by John Fraser

Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.

Filed in taxon folder:Salicaceae: Salix pentandra L. ("Bay Willow")
Collected by:Mr Joseph Edward Little
Collection date:12/9/1924
Locality:Great Britain, VC2 East Cornwall, Treglasta Farm, Davidstow, SX1785, 4 bushes on R. Inny, near Treglasta Farm, (altitude 220m)
ex herb:Mr Joseph Edward Little
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Salix pentandra herbarium specimen from Treglasta Farm, Davidstow, VC2 East Cornwall in 1924 by Mr Joseph Edward Little.
fruits/flowers:buds/immature flowers
notes:"Davey in his Flora doubts the record of S. pent. in Cornwall, so I send this for confirmation. The bushes are on the bank with other willows some distance from any buildings, & were quite established. I haven't seen them in flower, I cannot explain how they got there. J. E. L." "I agree" E. J. L. 31.x.24. number on sheet 748

Documented by larry28025 on 28th January 2014.

Edit history

dateuserchange
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted determination (orig): Salix pentandra
30/01/2014wenbenAdded determination (conf): Salix pentandra
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted note: "Davy in his Flora doubts the record of S. Plut. in Corwall, so I send this for confirmation. The bushes are on the bank with other willows some distance from any buildings, & were quite established. I haven't seen them in flower, I cannot explain how they got there. J. E. L." "I agree" E. J. L. 31.x.24. number on sheet 748
30/01/2014wenbenAdded note: "Davey in his Flora doubts the record of S. pent. in Cornwall, so I send this for confirmation. The bushes are on the bank with other willows some distance from any buildings, & were quite established. I haven't seen them in flower, I cannot explain how they got there. J. E. L." "I agree" E. J. L. 31.x.24. number on sheet 748
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted locality: GB VC2 Davidstow, 4 bushes on R. Inny, N. Tredaita Farm
30/01/2014wenbenAdded locality: GB VC2 Treglasta Farm, Davidstow, 4 bushes on R. Inny, near Treglasta Farm SX1785 (place)
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted collector: Rev. John Edward Hull
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted provenance: exherb J E Little
30/01/2014wenbenAdded determiner: Dr John Fraser
30/01/2014wenbenAdded collector: Mr Joseph Edward Little
30/01/2014wenbenAdded provenance: exherb Mr Joseph Edward Little
30/01/2014wenbenAdded determiner's note: Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted locality: GB VC2 Treglasta Farm, Davidstow, 4 bushes on R. Inny, near Treglasta Farm SX1785 (place)
30/01/2014wenbenAdded locality: GB VC2 Treglasta Farm, Davidstow, 4 bushes on R. Inny, near Treglasta Farm SX1785 (vector) altitude: 220m
30/01/2014wenbenDeleted determiner's note: Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.
30/01/2014wenbenAdded determiner's note: Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.
08/02/2014chrisuDeleted provenance: exherb (The South London Botanical Institute)
08/02/2014chrisuDeleted determiner's note: Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.
08/02/2014chrisuAdded determiner's note: Salix pentandra. R. Inny, N. Cornwall. I agree to all three pieces being S. pentandra L. H. C. Watson recorded it from East Cornwall but regarded it as planted. The beautiful dark green venation on the underside of the leaves making the species easy to determine. J.Fraser.

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

wenben wrote
Salix pentandra bushes were still near Treglasta Farm at SX17618575 on 19th July 2003 on a small stream just south of the main River Inny, recorded by I J Bennallick BSBI recorder for East Cornwall. Though not actually on the river bank it is on the left bank side of the river and probably the ones which Little collected. I J Bennallick 30 January 2014.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: