help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Shrewsbury School Herbarium

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Shrewsbury School Herbarium Reply with quote

I've uploaded sheets from Shrewsbury School herbarium (SHYB).

The herbarium is largely the late 19th century collection of Richard de Gylpyn Benson. It concentrates on the Shrewsbury area, particularly Pulverbach (abbreviated 'Pulv' on some of the sheets).

The sheets are classified and catalogued according to the 9th Edition London Catalogue. Where possible I've tried to list the sheets according to there Kent classification, but with many sheets only an old name is listed. If you are able, please add the modern current name as an extra taxon field (click the green cross on the taxon part of the documentation form). If you are unsure about naming then it's fine to leave the taxon name unchanged.

A few sheets had no label, I've tried to exclude these, but for any that have slipped through, please click the 'Can't read label' button at the top of the form.

The sheets do not have accession numbers, only photo ('P') numbers added for this project. There is no need to record either the P number or any London Catalogue taxon numbers (e.g. LC IX 999).

I'm grateful for funding for this work from the Shropshire Botanical Society and the BSBI.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum