help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Server problems last weekend (29th / 30th Nov)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Server problems last weekend (29th / 30th Nov) Reply with quote

I thought I should belatedly post a message about the problems with the web site on Saturday and Sunday (29th / 30th Nov):

On Saturday morning I attempted routine maintenance of the server, apply various software updates. Unfortunately things didn't go according to plan and I was ultimately forced to do a complete reinstall of the system, upgrading to a more recent version of Linux - ultimately this will be worthwhile as it will make future planned improvements to the web site for straightforward, but I would not have planned to do the update without an alternative backup computer substituted to keep the site online. I'm sorry the update caused such disruption - future updates will be better planned...

Everything should be working again now - if you spot problems please let me know.

Over the past fortnight I've been pre-processing and uploading the remaining back-log of Birmingham University and Bolton Museum images, as well as two additional new sets of images (a total of around 15000 additional sheets) this will become available over the next couple of weeks, as I finish assigning default taxon names.

regards,

Tom

[email protected]

Graph showing documented specimens and total number of available sheets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: