help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Sideways sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Sideways sheets Reply with quote

Does anybody else have problems with this?
If a sheet [say] is presented as a landscape instead of portrait, when clicking the 90 or 180 degree buttons they will quite often cause the 90 degree button to give a 180 turn or more, and the 180 to give 270 turn or more, also it is very, very slow would it be possible to 'free' the sheet so that it could be turned to any position required?.
I for one find it almost imposable to read sheets sideways on.
Any views?
Hallucigenia
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

As far as I know the buttons are turning the sheets by the specified angles. Becuase it's very slow, is it possible that you are clicking the button again - possibly becuase the system is fairly unresponsive?

In the past image rotation wasn't technically possible using plain HTML and javascript (the web technologies used to run the website). Recent improvements to web browsers (notably, support for SVG by web browsers) now mean that 'free' rotation is possibly, so I should look into implementing this. The current system is slow becuase the entire sheet has to be reloaded from the server.

regards,

Tom
mossysal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tom,
No, I have also been having problems. Ley sometimes writes sideways on his sheets of multiple specs. and they stubbornly refuse to turn right way up however slowly you use the buttons! If the writing is at 9 o'clock I try 180 (to 3) and then 90 (supposedly to 6) - but it finishes up at 12 (upside down) again and nothing will make it land up with the writing at the bottom!
Sarah
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes still happening, still annoying but at least Bolton sheets are just a funny colour and often very faint beats standing on your head though Wink
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: