help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Handwriting samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Handwriting samples Reply with quote

I found a sample of handwriting and put a box around it but was not sure what to do after that ie how to upload it. Help please!
oldnick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trouble may be that the size of the image means that you then have to hunt round with the navigation bars, and will then find the instructions on another (bottom) corner of the screen. Another point to then watch out for is an occasional risk of saving in the wrong name; also of saving twice!
midge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Handwriting samples Reply with quote

Thank you, I was able to crop the sample and upload, however when I tried to find the file in which it was saved (to make sure it was there) I could not find a handwriting samples file. Where should I look please?
oldnick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my limited skills I only know that when you bring up collector details (eg from a specimen by clicking on the collector's name, and then clicking on the name that comes up on the right of the screen; or by entering a collector's name in 'Specimens' search in the grey boxes) any handwriting samples for that person will appear. ie my assumption is you have to have a prior inkling who the person may be, or at least their initials, before accessing any handwriting sample. Many collectors don't have any of course.
midge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Handwriting samples Reply with quote

Many thanks for your help. I have now found the sample I uploaded and understand how it all works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: