help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Ranunculus ophioglossifolius (2988)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mossysal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Ranunculus ophioglossifolius (2988) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #315746

Taxon:Ranunculaceae: Ranunculus ophioglossifolius Vill. ("Adder's-tongue Spearwort")
Filed in taxon folder:Ranunculaceae: Ranunculus ophioglossifolius Vill. ("Adder's-tongue Spearwort")
Collected by:C E Robinson
Collection date:7/7/1890
Locality:Great Britain, VC33 East Gloucestershire, Up Hatherley, SO92
ex herb:C E Robinson
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Ranunculus ophioglossifolius herbarium specimen from Up Hatherley, VC33 East Gloucestershire in 1890 by C E Robinson.
fruits/flowers:seeds/fruits

Inferred details are marked.

Documented by mossysal on 22nd February 2011.

Edit history

dateuserchange
23/02/2011mossysalDeleted locality: GB VC33 Down Hatherley
23/02/2011mossysalAdded locality: GB VC33 Up Hatherley

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

mossysal wrote
An interesting record but I don't know how to 'Twitter' it!

David Price

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Up Hatherley, SO92, is probably meant which is the Badgeworth site. As the plant was discovered there in 1890 Robinson must have been among the first to see it.
mossysal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I have edited it - although it is recorded in both hectads. You have the advantage of Flora of Goucestershire.
Chris Liffen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote
You may have noticed that I added Twitter links to specimen pages a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think anyone has used them yet - but please do so

Apologies is this is stating the obvious...
Twitter is a way of posting very short messages ('tweets') which nominally are supposed to be answers to the question 'What am I doing?' - in a practice people use tweets far more broadly than that.

This could be a good way of highlighting interesting specimens that you've found on herb@home - helping to publicise the work we're doing to a wider audience. Tweets get noticed and rapidly indexed by search engines so can be a good way to spread links.

The twitter link from specimen page fills in part of the tweet message with a link back to the specimen, but there's still room for you to say why it's an important record.
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for quoting that, I'd forgotten I'd written it Embarassed and was contemplating what to say about twitter, as I've still yet to find a use for it.

I think there could be potential in it, so it would be great if someone would take the plunge and start twittering about herbarium specimens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: