help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

PERTH - help offered

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldnick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: PERTH - help offered Reply with quote

A proportion of the PERTH entries have evident inaccuracies of location; however even where a photo is not available, a good guess can often be made of the correct name, depending on one's local knowledge. Unless anyone suggests otherwise, I'd be happy to start compiling a list on this page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi oldnick

As the source of the Perth data I would be very interested in your help. In some cases we might already be aware of the error or additional information but our data has not been refreshed on the site for some considerable time. I have offered a refresh of the Perth data in the past but there has been no response to my emails.
oldnick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tom might be interested, on: [email protected].
perthmuseum1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick

I have tried to contact Tom so hopefully he will reply. Theer is a problem with the Perth data on Herbaria United in that the most specific locality data is not shown on the site. It was stored in a seperate field in the original dataset. This is why there is sometimes an apparent discrepancy between the locality information and the grid reference. In most cases the grid reference is in fact correct as it refers to the specific locality adn not the broader locality that is lisetd in herbari united. I ahev emails Tom about this matter to ask for it to be resolved.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Botanists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: