help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Rubus hylocharis (16823)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike d'Apice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Rubus hylocharis (16823) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #335184

Taxon:Rosaceae: Rubus hylocharis W.C.R. Watson
Filed in taxon folder:Rosaceae: Rubus hylocharis W.C.R. Watson
Collected by:Rev Andrew Bloxam
Locality:Great Britain, VC55 Leicestershire, Twycross, SK30
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Rubus hylocharis herbarium specimen from Twycross, VC55 Leicestershire by Rev Andrew Bloxam.
fruits/flowers:mature flowers
notes:"I cannot be sure in the determination of the species of this specimen, but think it must be a subglabrous form of R ubus histus Waldit & Kit, It seems intermediate between foliosus, pallidus and histus. Egg 1909

Inferred details are marked.

Documented by mikedaps on 19th April 2012.

Checked by mossysal

Edit history

dateuserchange
20/04/2012mikedapsDeleted locality:
20/04/2012mikedapsAdded locality: GB VC55 Twycross
20/04/2012mikedapsAdded collector: Rev Andrew Bloxam
20/04/2012mikedapsDeleted collection date: 1909
20/04/2012mikedapsAdded collection date: - 1878
21/07/2012petracapensisDeleted collector: Rev Andrew Bloxam
21/07/2012petracapensisDeleted collection date: - 1878
14/01/2013mossysalAdded collector: Rev Andrew Bloxam
14/01/2013mossysalDeleted note: "I cannot be sure in the determination of the species of this specimen, but think it must be a subglabrous form of R ubus histus Waldit & Kit, It seems intermediate between foliosus, pallidus and histus. Egg 1909
14/01/2013mossysalAdded note: "I cannot be sure in the determination of the species of this specimen, but think it must be a subglabrous form of R ubus histus Waldit & Kit, It seems intermediate between foliosus, pallidus and histus. Egg 1909

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

mikedaps wrote
I may be missing them but seems to be no sign of when (if not just 1909), where or by whom this was collected - Please amend if spot any of them!

Chris Liffen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handwriting on lhs (smaller label) says Twycross in the hand of Bloxham, so probably quite early in date.

On his return to the UK, Bloxham was ordained, and became perpetual curate to Twycross’ (1837 – 71 ) in Leicestershire, and later Rector to Harborough Magna (1871 – 78 ).  Sometime before 1841, he married and his wife’s name was Ann.  They and their children (Andrew, Jane, Matthew, Lawrence ?) are recorded as living at Twycross in Census returns between 1841 and 1861.  The returns also indicate that they had servants and ‘private pupils’.
Mike d'Apice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks - I had failed to read it as Twycross, my closest was Taycurt which I had taken to be a possible name of someone ascribing an ID. Interesting info on Bloxham. Thanks, amended. Mike d'A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: