Shrewsbury School contact details
The Shrewsbury School herbarium consists of a large cabinet with two columns of drawers – about 50 in all. Each drawer contains a few folders of plants, arranged by family, according to the London Catalogue. Most of the collection was compiled by Richard de Gylpyn Benson between 1891 and 1905, mostly of specimens collected by him and members of his family in the Pulverbatch area, but with some Botanical Exchange Club material from around the country.
There are about 2,500 sheets in total, with a catalogue compiled by Benson.
The collection was photographed in February 2007.
Shropshire SY3 7BA