help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

accession numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: accession numbers Reply with quote

I have noticed that I seem to be one of the only ones adding the accession numbers from Gloucestershire sheets to the H@H form, these are found in the top left corner of the sheet written in pencil mostly, I am aware that Miss de Vesian has a stamp that always says Acc No 6/1973 these are always the same so I think should be ignored and the handwritten number used.
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

sorry, I should have clarified this earlier. The pencilled numbers were added when the sheets were photographed for h@h, and I've already linked these with each record.

The 'accession numbers', which as you have observed are missing from many sheets, with the notable exception of the de Vesian sheets are the stamped or hand written numbers of the form 6/1973. These are usful to record as they help link the sheets to particular donations to the museum, so may help track the history of the specimens and lead to more information about the collector of some sheets. Many sheets do not have a code of this type.

regards,

Tom
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom noted, just read this as I have had a bad arm for some months and have been resting it.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: