help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

cultivated specimens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldnick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: cultivated specimens Reply with quote

A recent message board question re cultivated specimens, was whether to enter a site, and if so the original or the garden - I missed the answer, what was it? I am in favour of entering the original site for preference, or if not given then the garden site.
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always think as the specimen in question came from a garden then this is the originating site for this specimen..
I always add the 'wild' site as well, for some botanist may will need the information in plotting the movement of a specimen over time, besides the more detail the better as who knows what the future will bring!
oldnick

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereas I've now replied to kkopp's original message that I think it definitely best to enter the original site even though the other details inc date won't strictly 'match'. I think this makes a much more valuable entry. After all, someone interested in alpine species is hardly likely to search Norwood or Bournemouth; and such a species isn't really essential for a list of Surrey plants
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could do with a ruling on this so we all do the same, Tom?
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Help and support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: