help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Adding countries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Adding countries Reply with quote

I have in the last few days had several sheets from other countries but the drop down list to add them doesn't work......
Roger Horton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reported this problem in January! When documenting a recent specimen (379532) I tried entering 'Karsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany' in the locality field. To find it subsequently using a specimen search it was necessary to put 'Germany' into the 'place name' box with 'any country' in the country box. Fine for countries with unique names but 'Iran' returns not only your recent sheet 379462 but all records for Piran Sands and Quirang VC104.
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this has gone on for so long.

Part of the problem is now fixed - so the countries menu is accessible from the documentation form again.

Support for foreign localities is still really bad though (region lists are missing, useless or out-of-date for many countries) and re-editing the locality of a foreign sheet doesn't work correctly - the country isn't shown on the form. I'll try to sort these issues.

regards,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: