help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

peplus or peplis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qgroom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: peplus or peplis Reply with quote

More than half of the sheets that labled Euphorbia peplis are in fact E. peplus and are labelled as such. I have changed the preferred name on all that I have found, but I think you need to change their hidden original name to stop them appearing in searches for E. peplis.

Regards Quentin
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Quentin,
thanks for spotting this and documenting the remaining sheets.

I've changed the default sheet taxon id's to reflect the correct names. I think most of the problem was caused by a mistake when I uploaded the E. peplus folder as peplis, though as the series of problem sheet numbers was not entirely contiguous I suspect some sheets had been misfiled in the collection also.

After the name changes you made the sheets would already have been appearing correctly in the search results (e.g. http://herbariaunited.org/specimensearch/?taxon=Euphorbia+peplus ) but not for the sheet search on the herb@home homepage, (and on the documentation form the wrong default taxon name was being suggested). The names should be showing correctly everywhere now.

regards,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: