help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Charter House School Herbarium

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: Charter House School Herbarium Reply with quote

I've just uploaded the first batch of images from Charterhouse School's herbarium (GOD) collection, now housed in the Jepson Herbarium at the University of California, Berkeley.

The collection was recently rediscovered and after considerable conservation and curation work by Andrew Doran and his colleagues, the collection is being imaged and the British specimens will be available for documentation on herbarium@home.

There's a lot more background information about the collection at the Charterhouse Herbarium homepage.

Once documented the specimen data will be available on-line on herbariaunited and also sent back to the Jepson database. To meet the needs of that database system I've modified the way that phenology data is entered for the GOD sheets - so that multiple reproductive states can be recorded. Andrew is also keen that the label data should be recorded verbatim (which is common herbarium practice) but is slightly different from the usual guidelines for herb@home.

It will be great to have the information from this collection available and I'm really glad that the herbaria@home project can be involved with this work.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum