help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Reviewing sheets, editing collectors and localities etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reviewing sheets, editing collectors and localities etc. Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

As many of you probably have realised some of the long-standing members of the project are able to mark specimens as reviewed. Some users also have access to modify the collector and locality term-lists.

Access to these additional functions has been controlled by various hidden settings that I can activate for a user's account. Very little has been previously been publicly said about who can do what in terms of the extra editing functions, however my intention was never to set up an exclusive group of privileged users. I very much appreciate the dedicated and expert group of volunteers who are spending time working on the project and am aware that many of you should have, but currently don't, have access to review specimens and help keep the collector and locality lists up-to-date.

At intervals I've added experienced users to the pool of reviewers, but the procedure has not been systematic and in practice many people have been overlooked. Keeping track of who should have access is not always straightforward (particularly where people use cryptic user names Smile ). I really hope no-one has been offended by omission.

I'd like the running of the project to become more transparent and to widen the number of people with access to review specimens etc. Therefore from now on if you'd like to review specimens etc. (not even as exciting as it sounds...) then please let me know by email, or follow up this message board post and I'll update your account.

regards,

Tom

[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: