help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Big problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Big problems Reply with quote

Tom
I have no idea if it is my browser or line but out of a set of ten, two photos failed to load, sheets have been jumping from one to another, and now I find I cannot enter data into sheets.
All worked fine yesterday, but today it seems the sheet has changed? This has happened on Ubuntu 9.10 and Firefox.
Any ideas?

As an aside everything to do with the site appears much clearer using Ubuntu then Windows 7,
Chris
[Hallucigenia]
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: big problems Reply with quote

Seems it was nothing able to enter data 20 minutes later with no problems.
Chris
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seems it was nothing able to enter data 20 minutes later with no problems.
Chris

I'm glad it resolved itself - I don't think anything changed with the server which could have caused problems. Please let me know if the issue returns.

The website's meant to look similar on all modern browsers, but as I mostly use firefox that may get slightly more attention (if you spot specific problems with the site using a particular browser then please let me know).

I'm not a fan of Windows 7 either, I mostly use fedora linux, mostly out of habit rather than a discerning choice between Linux distros - would be interesting to try Ubuntu to see how different it is.

regards,

Tom
hallucigenia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: distros Reply with quote

Tom
I first tried Linux when in Australia some three years ago, XP would not pick up wifi hot spots, [ later found it was due to "Big Blue" the OZ phone system.
This was when I tried Suse big over there, but found it was a bit buggy then on coming home tried Ubuntu 8.04 and quite liked it, but am trying 9.10 at the moment.
Still have the same problem with wireless though no Linux distro likes to connect at home, keep plugging away at odd times when I feel relaxed enough to take more!
As to last night for some reason known only to itself it swapped browsers in the middle of the session from Firefox to Kontact this may have been the problem as I did not notice for some time I think.
Thanks for your comments anyway.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: