help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Searching for specimens by day of year

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Searching for specimens by day of year Reply with quote

I've made a minor update to specimen search by date, so that it's now possible to omit the year and just search by day and month.

While that may not sound to be very useful I think it may help when matching specimens with illegible dates against existing records.
e.g. Hillhouse specimens collected on the 15th May

Date ranges are also possible, so for example you could search for Potentilla specimens collected in June.

Please let me know if anything doesn't work as expected. A known bug is that dates in the years 1800 and 1900 (century non-leap-year exceptions) will be off by 1 day after 28 Feb - the system behaves as though these are leap years. The database overhead of fixing this would be too great to be worthwhile. 29th of Feb also incorrectly matches non-leap 1st March - an error that I plan to correct.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> News and announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum