help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Bringing up images for editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mossysal

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Bringing up images for editing Reply with quote

Tom,
There seems to be an increase in problems of getting the edit sheets to appear. In any batch there may be one which doesn't display. Also when trying to rotate images - Ley was fond of putting his specs on sideways!

eg http://herbariaunited.org/specimen/257061/ won't rotate.

What I get is a little coloured square logo - don't know what it means!

Previously I have marked the sheet as faulty but this may not be the correct path to follow.
Sarah
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reporting this. I think it's yet another consequence of the harddisk crash a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd got everything back to how it was, but there are still things not set correctly.

I'm sure I tested image rotation, but it does now seem that it's not working in most cases, due to file access permissions not being set correctly for some of the image files. These are updating as I write - so hopefully within the next hour images rotation should work again.

Sorry for all the problems, I think I've finally got to the bottom of all the issues caused by the disk crash now...

regards,

Tom
mossysal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Tom,

I wonder if this is also an accession permission issue?
This morning I was trying to have a look at a batch of sheets documented as Bethesda (near),Llyn Idwal - which I think is an unhelpful description as Bethesda is some 8km from Llyn Idwal and not nearly as well-known - at least to botanists! many of them had been documented by MANCH and I could look at hardly any of them without the little logo appearing.
Whether or not this is an access issue as well - could there be a batch edit on these? There are about 11 sheets?
Thanks again
Sarah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: