help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

My Stats/Specimens page...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lowfatspread

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: My Stats/Specimens page... Reply with quote

When i first visit the page it usually display

nnnn specimens xxx partially documented

and you can then click on the partially documented ones to get
the list of those you'd like second (or third) attempts at completing

however once you have got that list and have proicessed a specimen
when you're returned to that page you don't always get that information re-displayed even after a page refresh...

am i missing something ?

lowfatspread.
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that what's happening is that sheets that you had 'partially documented' then worked on again and saved as 'completed' will have moved to your complete list - and may nolonger appear on the partial list.

Following, your query I've fixed a minor problem with the links between the partial and complete lists (once you'd reached the partial list it was difficult to return to the main set - you can now do so by clicking on the xxx documented link).

A further potential source of confusion is that the lists can be sorted in different chronological order depending on how you reach the page. To change the sort order click on the column headings. While the current approach does have a certain warped logic to it (mostly geered toward providing search engines with stable pages to index) there's probably a lot of room for improvement...

I may have misunderstood your query - if so please follow this up and I'll have another look.

regards,

Tom
[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: