help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

usernames on the message board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: usernames on the message board Reply with quote

Following a complaint that members' real names were being displayed on the message board (rather than usernames, as is conventional and proper) I have reverted to displaying username by default. I will shortly add an option to choose to display real name on a per user basis.

For many members the username and real name given are the same anyway so this change will have no practical effect, but the change allows those who wish to use an obscure username to maintain some anonymity, and brings the message board in line with the conventions of the web.

I'd like to thank the user who brought this matter to my attention. Privacy online is an important issue and I hope that the previous setup did not cause problems for anyone.
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to go full-circle... Smile

If anyone would like their real name (instead of username) displayed on the message board then please let me know, (either email me or follow up this post), as it's something I can easily do on a case by case basis; or if there's demand for this it could become an option under the profile settings.

regards,

Tom

[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: