help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Quercus cerris x ilex (42354)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sadborow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Quercus cerris x ilex (42354) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #368550

Taxon:Fagaceae: Quercus cerris x ilex
Filed in taxon folder:Fagaceae: Quercus cerris x ilex
Collected by:A R Vickery
Collection date:1/1/2013
Locality:Great Britain, VC17 Surrey, Tooting, TQ292722, Tooting Common, by path from Bedford Hill pedestrian crossing to the east of the lake to the Lido
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Quercus cerris x ilex herbarium specimen from Tooting, VC17 Surrey in 2013 by A R Vickery.
fruits/flowers:no flowers
notes:Sheet 1 of 2
Filing note:Quercus cerris x ilex

Documented by windercot on 28th January 2014.

Checked by oldnick

Edit history

dateuserchange
31/03/2014oldnickAdded note: Sheet 1 of 2
31/03/2014oldnickDeleted locality: GB VC17 Tooting, Tooting Common, by path from Bedford Hill pedestrian crossing to the east of the lake to the Lido TQ292722 (place)
31/03/2014oldnickAdded locality: (cultivated) GB VC17 Tooting, Tooting Common, by path from Bedford Hill pedestrian crossing to the east of the lake to the Lido TQ292722 (place)
31/03/2014oldnickDeleted provenance: exherb A R Vickery
29/05/2014testuser3Deleted locality: (cultivated) GB VC17 Tooting, Tooting Common, by path from Bedford Hill pedestrian crossing to the east of the lake to the Lido TQ292722 (place)
29/05/2014testuser3Added locality: GB VC17 Tooting, Tooting Common, by path from Bedford Hill pedestrian crossing to the east of the lake to the Lido TQ292722 (place)

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

sadborow wrote
Why is specimen entered as 'cultivated'? When I collected it I was certain it was self-sown. Since then the area around it has been cleared of brambles, etc., and the tree has been generally looked after, so it might look 'cultivated' now, but I remain certain it is self-sown

oldnick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er.......I can't even claim the 'cultivated' box was ticked by the person before me - it is certainly a daft fault in my editing which I can't now understand, since the sheet itself isn't marked cultivated of course, so real apologies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: