help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Carex lachenalii x curta = C. x helvola (12350)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoBrodie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Carex lachenalii x curta = C. x helvola (1 Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #263635

Taxon:Cyperaceae: Carex lachenalii x curta = C. x helvola Blytt ex Fr.
Filed in taxon folder:Cyperaceae: Carex lachenalii x curta = C. x helvola Blytt ex Fr.
Collection date:3/8/1932
Locality:Great Britain, VC92 South Aberdeenshire, Lochnagar, NO229853, Loch-an-Ean [Loch nan Eun]
ex herb:Rev Douglas Montague Heath
Institution:University of Birmingham (BIRM)
Image:Carex lachenalii x curta = C. x helvola herbarium specimen from Lochnagar, VC92 South Aberdeenshire in 1932.
fruits/flowers:no flowers
notes:Annotation: "I believe this to be C. helvola a most disputed plant. True C. curta was growing near and C. lagopina just above." no collector named

Documented by tom humphrey following initial work by jobrodie on 2nd August 2008.

Edit history

dateuserchange
02/08/2008tom humphreyDeleted note: Annotation: "I believe this to be C. helvola a most disputed plant. True C. curta was growing near and [unreadable - but looks like C. lagofina ___ _____]
02/08/2008tom humphreyDeleted collection date: 3/8/1982
02/08/2008tom humphreyAdded collection date: 3/8/1932
02/08/2008tom humphreyAdded notes
02/08/2008tom humphreyAdded locality: GB VC92 Lochnagar, Loch-an-Ean [Loch nan Eun] NO229853 (place)precision 2km
05/10/2008keith barnettDeleted note: Annotation: "I believe this to be C. helvola a most disputed plant. True C. curta was growing near and [unreadable - but looks like C. lagofina] just above.
05/10/2008keith barnettAdded notes
14/02/2014chrisuDeleted note: Annotation: "I believe this to be C. helvola a most disputed plant. True C. curta was growing near and C. lagopina just above." no collector named
14/02/2014chrisuAdded note: Annotation: "I believe this to be C. helvola a most disputed plant. True C. curta was growing near and C. lagopina just above." no collector named
14/02/2014chrisuDeleted provenance: comm Rev Douglas Montague Heath
14/02/2014chrisuAdded provenance: exherb Rev Douglas Montague Heath

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

jobrodie wrote
Label states 1982 but this conflicts with D M Heath who died several years earlier...

Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the date is 3/8/1932 (the year is written badly though) which is then compatible with D M Heath's dates.

The locality referred to could be Loch nan Eun (written Loch na Ean on the sheet), ~ 2km W of Loch Nagar.

You've been fairly unlucky to get sheets like this early on - many specimens are easier to read than this.
JoBrodie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom - I worry that I'm just going to give you and everyone else an awful lot of work fixing my errors. But not so worried that I'm going to give up or anything! I expect after a while I will get my 'eyes' in for it Smile

Am a big fan of herbarium specimens but my camera isn't as good as your scanner: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44442&l=d3d99&id=625961762
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: