help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

'losing' sheets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mossysal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: 'losing' sheets Reply with quote

Dear Tom,
While I am bothering you I have another problem, with losing sheets. If I download a set of 4 sheets and then go on a hunt perhaps to compare handwriting or location (looking at specimens from a particular collector for example), when I come back, my set of original sheets is showing, but when I click on 'Edit', I just get the comparison sheets up again, and can't get back ones from the set I had been allocated.
I think this is all my current worries!
Best wishes
Sarah
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sarah,

I think the problem is that maybe while you're looking a comparison sheets you may be clicking edit on some of them, which would drop the sheets you had been working on previously.

Something that's been suggested in the past is that there should be an option to view/edit all your recently allocated or edited sheets (going back over several weeks), which would make it easy to return to them. That would hopefully solve the problem and is something that is worth doing. It may be a while before I can make this change, but hopefully before the end of the month.

best wishes,

Tom
mossysal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tom,
I now see how the system works - sorry if I have hung on to sheets!
It just seemed easier to look at past sheets by clicking on 'Edit' than by bringing up the specimen.
I think the suggested modification would be great. Cool
Thanks for your clarification.
Sarah
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long over-due, but I've finally added a link (on the top line below the herbaria@home logo) to view and edit sheets that you have worked on recently.

This should help to solve the ongoing problem with losing sheets (which has been reported as an issue by many people).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: