help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mossysal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: types Reply with quote

I did a Stachys alpina sheet this morning which is probably (one of) the first plants ever seen in UK. So I put a note that it is a type. Now I see loads of sheets have the little label, and checking them I don't understand what they are for! Embarassed
Sarah
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two icon's at the top right of the form:

Tags
This lets you add extra fields, which can be used to record additional attributes that don't readily fit the other fields on the form. Examples might be 'collector's number', quadrat number if the sheet appeared to be part of a structured sample, or chromosome number if that had been recorded by the collector. At present very little use has been made of tagging, but please feel free to apply whatever tags seem relevant or useful.

Types
This adds an additional menu field to the form, allowing you to mark the sheet as a type specimen. In practice this will apply to very few sheets. In the future the type attribute will probably be merged with the determination part of the form - which will overcome some problems with the current implementation.

Thanks for asking about this - it shows that I need to radically improve the help pages on how to use the documentation form - the current info available (without resorting to the message board is minimal Sad )

regards,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Bugs and suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: