help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Britten & Boulger - Deceased British and Irish Botanists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Britten & Boulger - Deceased British and Irish Botanists Reply with quote

I've scanned and OCR'ed a 1931 edition of Britten & Boulger's "Bibliographical Index of Deceased British and Irish Botanists" 2nd edition ed. Rendle.

Please note that OCR'ing this book introduced a lot of errors and so far I've not done much proofreading of the uploaded text - there will be many errors introduced during the scanning process. I plan to work on correcting these over the next few months (for the time being there are so many issues that it's not worth notifying me of errors - while help will ultimately be appreciated, at the moment I just plan to systematically go through the text fixing transcription mistakes). Because of all the errors in this draft please do not distribute this online to other sites - for the time being I prefer that people come back here for revised versions.

Hopefully this may be useful to help with tracking down obscure collectors.

The book is believed to be out-of-copyright in the UK since 2008 (the 70th anniversary of the death of the editor of the 2nd edition).
David Price

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first supplement to Britten & Boulger has much additional information -

http://archive.org/stream/abiographicalin00boulgoog/abiographicalin00boulgoog_djvu.txt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Botanists All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: