help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Stellaria alsine (1925)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atwignall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Stellaria alsine (1925) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #312712

Taxon:Caryophyllaceae: Stellaria alsine Grimm ("Bog Stitchwort")
Filed in taxon folder:Caryophyllaceae: Stellaria alsine Grimm ("Bog Stitchwort")
Collected by:Frederick E Sessions
Collection date:7/1866
Locality:Great Britain, Gloucestershire, Hempstead, SO81, Pond
ex herb:Frederick E Sessions
Gloucester School of Science Philosophical Society
Institution:Gloucester City Museum (GLR)
Image:Stellaria alsine herbarium specimen from Hempstead, Gloucestershire in 1866 by Frederick E Sessions.
fruits/flowers:mature flowers
notes:Pencil annotation top left hand corner '1925'

Inferred details are marked.

Documented by atwignall on 2nd January 2011.

Reviewed by Sarah Stille (mossysal)

Edit history

dateuserchange
10/03/2012<system> (minor automatic edit)Deleted provenance: exherb (Gloucester Philosophical Society, School of Science)
10/03/2012<system> (minor automatic edit)Added provenance: exherb (Gloucester School of Science Philosophical Society)
10/03/2012mossysalDeleted collection date:
10/03/2012mossysalAdded collection date: 7/1866

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

User comments about this sheet

atwignall wrote
As I have not done one of these for quite some time I would appreciate that this first one is checked. 1925 was obviously not the date of collection. More probably the date of acquisition by GPS.
Not quite sure how to record date of collection given info available. Many thanks, Ann Wignall

Tom Humphrey
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann,

I'm glad you managed to get the documentation form working. The errors google chrome was reporting sounded very strange - not something I've encountered before, I'll investigate further.

The date of this specimen is July 1866 (written below the collector near the bottom of the label).

'1925' at the top left is just a serial number for the sheet, so doesn't need to be recorded. The other details look fine.

welcome back to the project,

regards,

Tom
atwignall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Feedback Request Reply with quote

Hello Tom

Thanks for the information. Will look more closely next time.

Best wishes, Ann Wignall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: