help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Viola hirta subsp. calcarea (4178)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrea Sferlazzo

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Viola hirta subsp. calcarea (4178) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #319906

Taxon:Violarieae: Viola hirta subsp. calcarea Bab.
Other name:Violaceae: Viola hirta L. ("Hairy Violet")
Filed in taxon folder:Violarieae: Viola hirta subsp. calcarea Bab.
Locality:
ex herb:S A Chambers
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Viola hirta subsp. calcarea herbarium specimen.
fruits/flowers:mature flowers
notes:'The spur is quite straight. so it is probably calcarea. I have doubts the specific rank or uniformity of that plant - E S Marshall'. 'Mrs Gregory says that true calcarea has an imperceptibly spur! -the spurs of this specimen are anything but that! C.E.Salmon'.
'This seems to me the same as the Box hill plant referred [?] to calcarea by Mr Beeby. I agree with Mr Marshalls remarks as to it's specific rank and uniformity on Box hill I have noticed short straight spurs and long curved one on the same plant! H.W.T.'
'Surely only small hirta? A Bennett'.
Filing note:Viola calcarea

Documented by hallucigenia following initial work by sir_caronte on 16th May 2011.

Edit history

dateuserchange
09/08/2011hallucigeniaDeleted determination (orig): Viola hirta subsp. calcarea
09/08/2011hallucigeniaAdded determination (orig): Viola hirta subsp. calcarea on 24/10/1905
09/08/2011hallucigeniaAdded notes
09/08/2011hallucigeniaAdded determiner: Rev. Edward Shearburn Marshall
09/08/2011hallucigeniaAdded attribute flowerField: flowering
09/08/2011hallucigeniaAdded determiner's note: The spur is quite stright. so it is probably calcarea. I have doubts the specific rank or uniformity of that plant.
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted determination (orig): Viola hirta subsp. calcarea on 24/10/1905
07/12/2011oldnickAdded determination (orig): Viola hirta
07/12/2011oldnickAdded determination (orig): Viola hirta subsp. calcarea
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted note: Mrs Gregory says that true calcarea has an imperceptibly spur! -the spurs of this specimen are anything but that! C.E.S.
This seems to me the same as the Box hill plant referred [?] to calcarea by Mr Beeby. I agree with Mr Marshalls remarks as to it's specific rank and uniformity on Box hill I have noticed short straight spurs and long curved one on the same plant! H.W.T.
? my small hirta? ANhalls rem
07/12/2011oldnickAdded note: 'The spur is quite straight. so it is probably calcarea. I have doubts the specific rank or uniformity of that plant - E S Marshall'. 'Mrs Gregory says that true calcarea has an imperceptibly spur! -the spurs of this specimen are anything but that! C.E.Salmon'.
'This seems to me the same as the Box hill plant referred [?] to calcarea by Mr Beeby. I agree with Mr Marshalls remarks as to it's specific rank and uniformity on Box hill I have noticed short straight spurs and long curved one on the same plant! H.W.T.'
'Surely only small hirta? A Bennett'.
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted determiner: Rev. Edward Shearburn Marshall
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted collector: Mr Charles Edgar Salmon
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted provenance: exherb (The South London Botanical Institute)
07/12/2011oldnickDeleted collection date: 24/10/1905

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: