Searchable database links
A list of herbaria with databases searchable on-line is given below:
- BioCASE Biological Collection Access Services
- BioCASE, is a transnational network of biological collections of all kinds. BioCASE enables widespread unified access to distributed and heterogeneous European collection and observational databases.
- Chirographum historicum
- Samples of the handwriting of important botanical collectors.
- The Federation for Natural Sciences Collections Research is an adhoc body set up in 1980 to co-ordinate the activities of regional groups of curators in the UK who then were beginning to survey natural science collections [Botany, Geology, Zoology] in their areas. After two decades a great deal of information has been gathered and published, and this Website has been set up to provide both a searchable national database of collection information, and to provide current and archive information about collections research in the British Isles.
- Index Collectorum
- Names, dates and biography of collectors who have contributed to the Göttingen herbarium.
- Index Herbariorum
- A global directory of Public Herbaria and associated staff.
- National Biodiversity Network
- The National Biodiversity Network (NBN) is a project to build the UK's first network of biodiversity information.
- Oxford University Herbarium
- Searchable collector names, taxon, specimen and geodata databases.
- Small British Herbaria on-line
- The Small British Herbaria Project (SBHP) is a joint venture between the BSBI and the University of Hull, Department of Geography. It aims to bring together information about specimens of British plants held in various collections and make it available from a single internet source.