help | home | search messages | profile

@home Message Board

Feedback request: Potentilla palustris (17858)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vgdherbaria

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Feedback request: Potentilla palustris (17858) Reply with quote

This post was made automatically in response to a request for comment on the documentation form. There is more general info about such requests here.

Specimen #337292

Taxon:Rosaceae: Potentilla palustris (L.) Scop. ("Marsh Cinquefoil")
Filed in taxon folder:Rosaceae: Potentilla palustris (L.) Scop. ("Marsh Cinquefoil")
Collected by:Mr Robert MacKechnie
Collection date:21/6/1929
Locality:Great Britain, VC77 Lanarkshire, Glasgow, Possil Marsh, NS56
ex herb:Mr Job Edward Lousley
Mr Edward Charles Wallace
Institution:South London Botanical Institute (SLBI)
Image:Potentilla palustris herbarium specimen from Glasgow, Possil Marsh, VC77 Lanarkshire in 1929 by Mr Robert MacKechnie.
fruits/flowers:mature flowers
Tags:lc: 64

Inferred details are marked.

Documented by vgdherbaria on 27th May 2012.

Checked by qgroom

Edit history

dateuserchange
27/05/2012qgroomDeleted locality: GB
27/05/2012qgroomAdded locality: GB VC77 Glasgow, Possil Marsh
27/05/2012qgroomDeleted attribute collector's number: 64
27/05/2012qgroomAdded tag lc: 64

N.B. reporting of the edit history is currently fairly unclear and misleading. Most edits made to specimens appear as a pair of 'add' and 'delete' entries, which may not be together in the list. There are also often 'minor' edits, which are made automatically (rather than due to user activity), for example to merge synonym names.

Log-in to edit this sheet.

User comments about this sheet

vgdherbaria wrote
This is my first sheet. Would appreciate some feedback. I am not sure what Possie Marsh stands for (Is this another herbarium?), not sure where the site information is on this sheet. Many thanks

qgroom

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vgdherbaria,
what you did looks fine and here are my comments...

Lanarks was the vice county, it had the number 77 which is the vice county number for Lanarkshire. Once I'd entered the vice county the places that are searched for are restricted to that VC. So I entered "marsh" in the place box and up popped "Glasgow, Possil Marsh".

Also 64 was not a collector number but a London Catalogue (lc or lcat) number. I think these were used to order the herbarium taxonomically rather than being a collector number which is usually a unique number to identify that sheet from any others of the same collector.
Regards
Quentin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    herbariaunited.org Forum Index -> Herbarium sheet discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: